This year our Region has chosen a very apt and contemporary relevant and important project "Nephro Care". My observation is based on authentic statistics regarding the cause, its impact in all perspective of large number of affected persons their family and community at large. In India, it is estimated that 90% of kidney patients cannot afford their treatment as it is very expensive and due to their poor economic status. Here the involvement of philanthropist and nongovernmental organizations becomes essential.
As we are generally aware kidney disease is usually termed as a life style disease as it normally arises as an outcome of common life style diseases like diabetics and hypertension. This being a disease which has to be treated lifelong needs our empathetic consideration and approach. I don’t venture much to state about its importance as we all have seen and noticed living examples around us.
Being assigned with the responsibility of chief project coordinator I am here to narrate a three tier programme for the effective implementation of the Regional Project.
1. Awareness classes and Programmes:
· Do maximum possible to make aware of the cause for nephrology related diseases and conduct kidney disease detection clinics.
· Methods to be adopted to extent or protract kidney disease being affected.
· Know about common kidney diseases as we all know prevention is better than cure.
2.Help by providing medical equipments and materials.
· Club wise or District wise sponsor dialysis machine to government hospital or other hospitals. Estimated service in this count is calculated as Rs.30,00,000/- (7,50,000 x 4)
· Providing dialysis kit consists of dialyzer
and blood tube to kidney patients undergoing dialysis. Each member is expected to facilitate at least “Three” dialysis kit.
· The region can provide dialysis kit for a subsidized rate of Rs.600/- per kit to the clubs or the district. The kit which will be supplied by the region will be the one manufactured by one of the best branded company called “FRESENIUS”. The above brand kit is acceptable to every hospital. In case if the club or the district opts to purchase kits directly from the available places. 25% of the bill amount subject to maximum of Rs.150/- per kit will be borne by the region as subsidy amount to the clubs or to the district on production of actual bills.
· Estimated service to be rendered under this head can be summarized as 2500 x 3 x 750=Rs.56,25,000/-
3.Providing financial assistance to kidney patients or their family members.
· Clubs or district can provide financial assistance to the kidney patients who undergoes dialysis by paying the dialysis charges directly to the hospitals on a regular arrangement.
· Provide medicines through Medicard facility.
By paying cost of medicine directly to hospital or medical stores.
· Giving financial aid to a kidney patient or his spouse or siblings to start a business or any kind of venture to earn their livelihood.
· Estimated service to be rendered under this head can be summarized as
Thus, our Clubs in the region can totally implement a total project worth Rs.10000000/-(1crore) to someway alleviate or reduce the misery of kidney disease affected persons.
Copyright © 2020 Y's Men International South West India Region 2020-21 - All Rights Reserved.